Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Your ID Please

One of the first things you will have to do once you move in Philadelphia is to get your ID card. You certainly don't want to go around (and go out clubbing in the night) with your country passport…
Since you will be asked to show your ID very often, get yours as soon as possible!

Two options here: if you decide to take a driver's license exam very quickly, you can have your ID issued in the same one occasion. Otherwise, get your ID first and then take your time preparing for the driving exam.

First, you may not know then you will have to go to PennDot, the same place you will go for the driver's license…
Second, don't bring any photo. They will take one directly there.
Third, you will have to pay the fee of 13,50 dollars (only checks and transfers are accepted).
Fourth, you will need your Social security number. This is actually the step that precedes going to PennDot. So go to the Social Security Office first (you will get your SSN or a statement of non eligibility which is sufficient)
Fifth, you will have to prove your address (2 proves are required) So you may need some bill which is on your name, or you can just buy something on the Amazon…
Sixth, for more info click here http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/driverLicensePhotoIDCenter/obtainingPhotoID.shtml