Sunday, June 22, 2014

And the winner is... Mimosa!

From East to the West coast I find there's nothing more likeable in this country than... a mimosa!




Created on Ritz hotel in Paris, this cocktail drink served initially over brunch gained the graces of Americans and today is also present in many special occasions: weddings, bday parties,
showers, anniversaries... But what's so special about it? It's simple and elegant.

A mimosa recipe is a no-brainer, consists of 1 part Champagne, 1 part orange juice, garnish... and voìla! If you would like to go exotic or less conventional, feel free to play with: pink lemonade, pomegranate, peach, mango, passion fruit, and grapefruit juices all make a good option.

I gathered some of my friends once and received them with a station - okay we haven't had seen each other for so long that a reunion made a very special occasion.! - turns out it was surprisingly a great way to begin the evening. I offered the classic OJ and Passion Fruit juices together with raspberries and blackberries pairings.

Besides the fun, a mimosa bar helped me to spread guests attention, so I could finish baking lasagne without making people wait on me. Guests were actually surprised by how fast dinner was ready! Think about it next time you host.

Peace out & sip it up!